The Eldorado School
The first Eldorado School was a simple log cabin constructed by Roy Plotts in 1915. The first to teach at Eldorado was Mrs. MacCrae, who was a teacher from Tomahawk that devoted her summers to teaching in Drayton Valley. In 1932 the original log schoolhouse burnt and a new building was constructed a year later (the building now at the museum). In 1945, the school reached maximum capacity and students were split into two classes in two buildings: one class remained at the school, the other was taught from the Elks Hall. At this time, it was necessary to construct a larger building, which opened in the 1950s. The 1933 Eldorado School house was auctioned to a local farmer in the 1970s, who converted it into a shop/garage. In 2007, the farmer donated the building to the museum, where it is maintained as a schoolhouse but with a mechanical twist.