The Herndon House
The Herndon family moved from Edmonton in 1945 to the Drayton Valley area. The family consisted of the two parents, Les and Thelma, and their six children. For five years they lived on a farm in a small 4-bedroom log house in dire need of maintenance and repairs. In the spring of 1950, they began clearing land in preparation for their bigger home. The whole family worked through the winter months to ensure that in the spring of 1951 they could move into their new house. The building sat across the highway from the museum until 2007 when it was moved onto the museum grounds in the summer.